Understanding the Benefits of Using Mini Excavators
Mini or compact excavator may be referred to as the smaller version of standard excavators. However, the prefix ‘mini’ does no justice to the exceptional operational range provided by these machines. Mini excavators are considered to be essential requirements for any project that involves construction or demolition.
As a result of its smaller size and lower weight compared to standard excavators, mini excavators are ideally suited as cost-reducing equipment for any middle to small scale project. The easy manoeuvrability in crowded areas and small spaces makes these machines more advantageous compared to regular-sized excavators. Also, these machines experience lesser wear and tear because of their compact size. This is why mini excavators have a longer life compared to the standard variant.
Advantages of Mini Excavators:
• One of the key advantages of using a mini excavator is its versatility. These machines can be used for performing a wide range of operations including digging trenches, carrying out small-scale demolitions, clearing snow from roads, and much more. Users can work with these machines in different volumes, types and situations because they can have variable attachments.
• Owing to its smaller size, a mini excavator can fit into confined spaces where it is not possible to use a standard excavator. This is why mini excavators are the go-to machinery for job sites that are located in interior areas or have narrow streets. Also, while working on soft ground, a lesser weight and smaller body frame makes it a better choice.
• Compared to a standard excavator, both the fuel consumptions and emissions are considerably lower for mini excavators. This helps the project managers to cut down the cost incurred on the project. Also, without any additional output, the extra fuel consumption of mini excavators can be prevented by setting the engine’s RPM. This allows for optimum utilisation of resources. Moreover, increased productivity and better cycle time can be achieved from the hydraulic system.
• Getting the work done at minimum cost is the bottom line for any business. This is where a mini excavator can make a serious difference, particularly for small and medium-scale projects. These machines also have a lower rate of wear and tear and lesser fuel intake requirement, leading to reduced variable expenses on replacements and repairs.
Using a Mini Excavator:
Just like any other industrial equipment, using mini excavators require following certain basic steps as mentioned below.
• The first step is to choose the right kind of machinery for getting your work done. Select the weight of the machine as well as its lifting capacity on the basis of working conditions as well as requirements.
• Read the instruction manual thoroughly to get familiarised with the machine. This will prepare you to operate the machine without any hassles. Also, be extra cautious about all the precautions mentioned in the manual so that any accident or emergency can be avoided.
• Comply with all safety measures such as checking for oil leaks and coolant levels, putting on the seatbelt, etc.
• Test the control before using the machine.
• Practice driving to get well trained.
If you are looking to purchase or hire a mini excavator, you can put your trust on K and G Machinery. We have been Australia’s leading providers of heavy engineering equipment for many years. Contact us to today to discuss your needs.